Catholic Prayer For Child Protection – Our children are everything to us. As parents who are passionately invested in our children’s lives, it’s natural to get concerned and anxious about their well-being. May we be reminded that children are a gift from God, and that He desires for them to live a long and blessed life!
When you are tempted to worry about your child’s safety, friendships, health, and future, the best thing you can do is pray! Prayer has the ability to heal, protect, and soothe. Whether your child is a newborn, a youngster in elementary school, or an adult, they will always need their parents’ prayers interceding on their behalf! We’ve included a list of some of our favorite prayers for children below. We hope that these prayers will not only petition God’s throne for your child, but will also strengthen your confidence and trust in the Creator and Sustainer of Life.
A Catholic Prayer for the Safety of My Children
Lord, I beseech You to keep my children safe emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Keep evil at bay, and help them to rely on You as their refuge and strength. I hope that You would protect my children’s minds from bad instruction and give them the wisdom to perceive truth. I hope that You will make them strong and courageous in the face of peril, knowing that You have triumphed and will one day rectify all injustice and wrong. As they live in the spiritual shelter You provide for them, assist them in finding rest in Your shadow. Let our children know that Jesus is their sole safe haven and that their home on Earth is just transitory. In the name of Jesus, amen.
Faith-Building Catholic Prayer for a Child
Thank you, God. Create a pure heart in my kid, and renew a sturdy spirit within them (Psalm 51:10). Assist my child in knowing your Word and growing in faith every day. Thank You that Your word states that neither death nor life, angels nor demons, the present nor the future, powers, height, depth, or anything else in all creation will be able to separate my kid from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.
List Of A Prayers for Your Child’s Safety:
1. Father, I thank You for inviting us into Your protection; that when we seek You and make You our God, You promise to send Your angels to keep an eye on us (Psalm 91:9-12).
2. I hope now that You will keep my children safe as they go about their daily lives. Hem them in from the sides and from the front, and place Your hand on them (Psalm 139:5). Don’t let anything bad happen to them. Keep each of my children safe beneath Your wings and protect them from any plans to damage or ruin them. Lord, be close to each of my children and surround them with Your favor like a shield (Psalm 5:11-12).
3. I hope that You will protect them in all of their steps, both coming out and coming in. Protect them from mental and physical ailments, accidents, predators, and various types of wickedness and evil-doers. Anoint each of my children with Your favor and protection, and keep them secure between Your shoulders (Deuteronomy 33:12).
4. Father, as my children go about their days, I pray that You will give them clear direction in doing Your will so that they will remain under Your protection. Give them the discernment to recognize when to avoid potential injury, both physically and spiritually. Then assist them in walking away bravely. May the blood of Jesus ash over each of my children, covering them as they go about their daily lives now and every day. In the awesome name of Jesus, Amen.
5. God of Defense, I thank You for intervening in my child’s life. You gave birth to my child. You have custody of my child. You will be with my child as he/she travels through the floods, and the rivers will not overwhelm him/her. When my child walks through the fire, he or she will not be scorched, nor will the flame consume him or her. Because You are the Lord our God, the Holy One of Israel, and our Saviour. You are our Divine Protector, and I entrust my child’s life to You. Amen.
6. Jehovah Jireh, I am aware that You are the provider for my child. Where I am unable to reach or provide for my child, I am certain that You will. You will keep my child alive even if he or she is walking in the center of danger. You extend Your hand against his/her opponents’ wrath, and Your right hand will be my child’s deliverer. I will not be afraid because I know You will provide my child with the necessary safety. Amen.
7. You are lovely, I admire You because You will be the rock, stronghold, and deliverer of my child. I know this because You have always been my God, my rock, and my refuge. You are my child’s shield and the horn of his/her salvation, as well as my fortress. Thank You for safeguarding my child and me; You are our source of calm and refuge in an evil-filled world. We will not be afraid since You are with us and go before us. Amen.
8. Precious Lord, he who dwells in Your – the Most High – refuge shall dwell in the shadow of the Almighty. Lord, I pray that You would be my child’s refuge and fortress, the God in whom they may and should have faith! I pray that no evil will befall my child, and that no plague will come near his/her tent. I rejoice because You have directed Your angels to protect my child in all of his/her ways. Amen.
9. Father in heaven, I pray for those whom the enemy has placed in positions to resist and destroy my child. I pray that my child will not be disliked by those around them, because I know that my child’s angels are constantly there in Your presence and gaze upon Your face. I declare Your protection over my child since they are both pure and important in Your eyes. I pray for protection from the spiritual assault waged on my child. Amen.